Thursday, March 21, 2013

Letter #3: March 19, 2013

Note from the Editor: Letter was written on March 8th, but received on March 19th. 

Dear Family, 

A lot has happened since i last wrote you. I moved from the MTC to the field. I am serving in the Poulsbo 1st Ward in Poulsbo, WA. It is beautiful out here. I feel like I am in Yellowstone because of the amount of trees. It is really cool. We drove over the Tacoma Narrows bridge. It is a gorgeous bridge, it spans the Puget Sound. Best scenery I have ever seen. 

The area I am serving in hasn't had a baptism in fourteen months but me and my companion are going to change that. We already have three people on date for baptism. I went knocking on doors for the first time tonight. No one slammed the door in my face and we taught all but one person about the church. The people are very nice here.

The ward supplied everything for our apartment. They are very excited to have us in their ward. The first few days were rough from everything. New place/companion to homesickness but I am getting over it as I get more into the work. 

There is a mission blog that they run that you should check out. It is a blog about our mission. 

Remember to send my camera and Camelback reservoir. I love you guys a lot. This area is really cool. the people and my ward are really cooperative. Can you guys send me all my classical music and Paul Cardall on some CD's so I can listen to music while I study and drive around to appointments? 

Tell Kristine if she gets a black car to name it Giuseppe the Stallion, but I like Nigel the Asian Narwhal. 

My P-Day is Monday so send me emails.

I love you guys lots.

Sincerely,
Elder Eric L. Peay
Elder Homunculus
Elder Little Billy

P.S. I have a seashell from the Puget Sound for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment