Sunday, March 3, 2013

Letter #1: February 25, 2013

Dear Mom and Family,

I am doing well. The first night was a little emotional for all of us. The Spirit is so strong here. The closest I can describe the feeling of the Spirit here is the Endowment ceremony constantly. The way they teach us is a whole different kind of teaching. It is quite taxing on the mind, but I have learned so much about my purpose as a missionary.

The Spirit of learning is like a fire hose trying to shoot through a hole the size of a pencil eraser. There is so much to take in and I am doing my best. Singing hymns you have sung before have new meaning. I almost teared up singing "We are the Army of Helaman". You can feel the surge of the Spirit as the body of missionaries sing, also it is like a tingling sensation throughout the body. The things I have learned before have new meaning also. I watched a movie called "Lifting Burdens" that really hit me and I started to choke up a little. You can watch it on mormon.org.

I am bunked with three other missionaries. My companions name is Elder McLelland. He is pretty cool.

I am set to be released on Feb. 17, 2015. I depart the MTC, March 5. So if this is my only letter that is why, but you should get this and be able to write back.

I need my mission email and I need you to submit a request to the Church Historians office so I can get my line of authority. I will enclose my address so you can mail me.

I love you guys very much. I haven't read your letters yet, but I will soon. I miss you a lot and look forward to the mission and the blessings you and I will receive.

Sincerely,

Elder Eric Peay
Your Son/Elder Homunculus

No comments:

Post a Comment