Thursday, March 21, 2013

Letter #2: March 18, 2013

Note from the Editor: This is an email from Elder Peay, sent to Kristine as a response to her email. 

I am doing well. It is nice up here in Washington. It is green all year round. The cloudy season is starting clear up and the sun is coming out. The scenery reminds me of Yellowstone, there is no inversion or bad air. There are tall green pine trees everywhere. It is really nice. I think you would like it up here, but I still like Utah better. Though I do have a really nice view of the Puget Sound, I think it is gorgeous.

My companion is Elder Meyer. He is from Toolee. You know what it is, but I don't know how to spell it off the top of my head. He is pretty cool. He reminds me a lot of AJ with the way his sense of humor works. No stories that are too interesting yet, but I am sure I will have some in the near future.

The work has been going fairly well. The first week started out really well, then we hit the second week and everything has slowed down. Our investigators have been flaking out on their appointments. We do have two people on date for Baptism though that are regular attendants to Church, so hopefully we will have a baptism soon.

I am sorry you and Tyler have had a falling out but things will get better. If there is one thing I have learned thus far, it is that you need to be exactly obedient to the Lord and His commandments. Obedience brings good things but exact obedience brings miracles. Obey everything or you will have little to no success.

I agree with the little girls. The car will be named Mildred the Polar Bear. It is good that Darin came out of surgery with no complications. I hope he gets better soon. I think that a new sound system in the car will do you good. I will very much enjoy riding in it when I get back if you still have it.

Stay with the church and really try to build your testimony. Read your scriptures for a half hour each day and that will help a lot. You are strong willed so if you put your mind to it you can achieve it.

I love you lots.

Sincerely,
Elder Homunculus

No comments:

Post a Comment